Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care in Georgia
Brickmont’s “Silver Linings” Memory Care provides care and services to our residents with memory loss. Our care offers them comfort and security in a specially-designed neighborhood. The warm, intimate environment offers natural light, good food, music, art, and friendly faces, ensuring your loved one can find meaning and contentment in each new day.
We know that memory loss affects every resident differently and our specially-trained team creates programs and care plans that are based on each resident’s past interests, physical abilities, and care needs. These programs and care plans are designed to contribute to a person’s overall wellness including physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and cultural needs.
DOWNLOAD OUR EBOOK
Brickmont’s Guide to Memory Care
MEMORY CARE MONTHLY BASE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Specialized Care Staff On-Site 24 Hours Per Day
- Nurse On-Site 7 Days Per Week
- Reminders and Cueing Throughout the Day
- Full Service Dining
- Weekly Housekeeping and Personal Laundry Service
- Daily Room Tidying & Bathroom Sanitizing
- Specialized Memory Care Programs and Activities
- Utilities (Except Cable and Telephone)
- Wireless Internet Access
- Scheduled Transportation to Medical Appointments
- Apartment Maintenance & Trash Removal
- In-Suite Emergency Call System
UNIQUE MEMORY CARE PROGRAM FEATURES
We feature the IN2L (It’s Never 2 Late) technology systems, providing meaningful engagement tools for older adults with dementia and other cognitive impairments. These programs are specially designed to empower individuals to connect, engage and enjoy life.
We use light, sound, scents, and music to create a therapeutic environment to help individuals feel less fearful, less stressed and more relaxed. This area is where families can visit one-on-one with their loved one, and caregivers can redirect residents who might be anxious to engage in a more pleasant, calming experience.
Sensory stimulation incorporates aromatherapy with warm towels, essential oils, and familiar music. This approach is used during various life engagements, as well as during significant moments throughout the day to help trigger appetite and provide orientation and personal validation to residents.
Life Story Boxes
Life story boxes allow residents to compile objects that connect them to the things they love or that bring them joy or comfort. These boxes are located outside each apartment door, and helps residents to identify their own apartment. We work with family members to determine what cherished mementos are a good fit.
EXCEPTIONAL APARTMENT DESIGN
Choose from one and two-bedroom apartments that provide ample space for relaxing or visiting with guests. You will love your thoughtfully designed apartment, featuring:
- 10-Foot Ceilings
- Separate Living and Sleeping Areas
- In-Suite Kitchenette with Granite Counter-Tops
- Full-Size Refrigerator and Microwave
- Walk-In Closets
- Hardwood Floors and Carpeting
- Handicap Accessible Bathrooms with Pull-Down Shower Seats
- Emergency Pull-Cords
- Individual Thermostat Controls
- Keyless Entry with Electronic Door Locks
Safety is of the utmost importance for our residents with memory loss. To ensure our residents are kept safe, we require staff-assisted entry/exit to our community after business hours and at all times in our memory care unit. Additionally, we have implemented a sign-in/sign-out system, identifying all visitors and credentialed providers.
- Emergency Call Systems
- One Point of Entry and Exit
- Sign-In and Out System for All Community Visitors
- Staff Assisted Entry and Exit to the Memory Care Wing
- Staff Assisted Entry and Exit After Hours
- Night Lights in Apartments
- Secure Interior Courtyard
- Emergency Phone Lines in Elevator and in Stairwells
- Ability to Evacuate Safely without Using Stairs
- Advanced Quality Air Filtration System
- Smoke-Free Environment
Life Enrichment activities are the heart of our memory care program and we offer an array of engaging choices that are designed to accommodate all ability levels and managed simultaneously throughout the day. While one group may be playing card games, another group may participate in a sing-along or simple tactile exercises like rolling dough or planting flowers.
The key to success is keeping the days fluid and our resident’s routines flexible so they have the opportunity to enjoy wonderful moments and positive experiences throughout their day.SAMPLE ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
DINING WITH DIGNITY
Our Dining with Dignity program is designed to promote nutrition while maximizing our residents’ independence. From place-settings and utensils to appealing choices and food that is easy to eat, we strive to make dining a positive experience for each and every resident.
- Three Delicious and Healthy Meals Daily
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- A Variety of Snacks & Beverages Available
- A Flexible Dining Schedule
- Food Appreciation and Education Classes
- Resident Recipe Contests
- An Active Dining Committee
- Special Events & Theme Nights
- Special Dietary Accommodations
Our expert care is designed to meet our residents’ personal needs, such as assistance with dressing, bathing, personal grooming, continence care and medication management. Whether it be cuing and prompting, or full assistance, our personalized care plans are deigned to meet their unique and changing needs.
Specialized iPhone applications provide our staff with instant access to each resident’s care plan and life story, allowing them to provide highly personalized care–focusing on the little things that mean a lot. The key to success is keeping the days fluid and our resident’s routines flexible so they have the opportunity to enjoy wonderful moments and positive experiences throughout their day.