Silver Linings Memory Care
Brickmont’s “Silver Linings” Memory Care provides enhanced Assisted Living services to our residents with memory loss, offering them comfort and security in a specially designed neighborhood. The warm, intimate environment offers natural light, good food, music, art, and friendly faces, ensuring your loved one can find meaning and contentment in each new day, and you can enjoy every moment you have with them.
We know that memory loss affects every resident differently and our specially trained team creates programs and care plans that are based on each resident’s past interests, physical abilities and care needs, and are designed to cover all of life’s needs–physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and cultural.
Your Base Monthly Package Includes
- Specialized care staff on-site 24 hours/day
- Nurse on-site 7 days/week
- Full service dining with 3 main meals, plus a variety of snacks and beverages provided each day
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry service
- Daily room tidying, bed-making, bathroom sanitizing and trash removal
- Reminders and cueing throughout the day
- Specialized Memory Care programs and activities
- Utilities (except cable and telephone)
- Wireless Internet access
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Apartment maintenance
- Emergency call system in apartment
Unique Memory Care Program Features
- IN2L – We feature the IN2L (It’s Never 2 Late) technology systems, providing meaningful engagement tools for older adults with dementia and other cognitive impairments. These programs are specially designed to empower individuals to connect, engage and enjoy life.
- Snoezelen – We use light, sound, scents, and music to create a therapeutic environment designed to initiate positive sensations, and help individuals feel less fearful, less stressed and more relaxed. We provide a designated area for this sensory experience where families can visit one-on-one with their loved one, and caregivers can redirect residents who might be anxious or upset to engage in a more pleasant, calming experience.
- Sensory Stimulation – Sensory Stimulation incorporates aroma-therapy with warm towels, essential oils, and familiar music. This approach is used during various life engagements, as well as during significant moments throughout the day to help trigger appetite and provide orientation and personal validation to residents.
- Life Story Boxes – Life Story Boxes allow residents to compile objects that connect them to the things they love or that bring them joy or comfort. These boxes are located outside each apartment door, helping residents to identify their own apartment.
Schedule a tour and get started today! $
Exceptional Apartment Design
Choose from one and two-bedroom apartments that provide ample space for relaxing or visiting with guests. You will love your thoughtfully designed apartment, featuring:
- 10-foot ceilings
- Separate living and sleeping areas
- Kitchenette with granite counter-tops
- Full-size refrigerator and microwave
- Walk-in closets and hardwood floors
- Handicap accessible bathrooms with pull-down shower seats
- Emergency pull-cords
- Individual thermostat controls
- Keyless entry with electronic door locks
- Emergency power outlet with access to generator
Safety is of the utmost importance for our residents with memory loss. To ensure our residents are kept safe, we require staff-assisted entry/exit to our community after business hours and at all times in our Memory Care unit. Additionally, we have implemented a sign-in/sign-out system, identifying all visitors and credentialed providers.
- Emergency call systems that ring to staff iPhones for immediate response
- One point of entry/exit
- Sign-in/sign-out system that provides identification for all visitors and credentials for service providers
- Staff assisted entry/exit to Memory Care
- Staff assisted entry/exit to community after business hours
- Night lights in apartments
- Secure interior courtyard with safe return access to the community
- Emergency phone lines in elevator and in stairwells
- Ability to age in place and evacuate to point of safety without using stairs
- Advanced quality air filtration system that filter dust and allergens and reduces the spread of airborne illnesses
- Smoke-free environment
Life Enrichment activities are the heart of our memory care program and we offer an array of engaging choices that are designed to accommodate all ability levels and managed simultaneously throughout the day. While one group may be playing card games, another group may participate in a sing-along or simple tactile exercises like rolling dough or planting flowers.
The key to success is keeping the days fluid and our resident’s routines flexible so they have the opportunity to enjoy wonderful moments and positive experiences throughout their day.
Dining With Dignity
Our Dining with Dignity program is designed to promote nutrition while maximizing our residents’ independence. From place-settings and utensils to appealing choices and food that is easy to eat, we strive to make dining a positive experience for each and every resident.
Our expert care is designed to meet our residents’ personal needs, such as assistance with dressing, bathing, personal grooming, continence care and medication management. Whether it be cuing and prompting, or full assistance, our personalized care plans are deigned to meet their unique and changing needs.
Specialized iPhone applications provide our staff with instant access to each resident’s care plan and life story, allowing them to provide highly personalized care–focusing on the little things that mean a lot.